Canwest Farms Ltd. based in Richmond, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm manager who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Canwest Farms Ltd.
Position: Farm manager
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $21.88 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Richmond, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of soil fertility programmes.
- The candidate will be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate must maintain farm machinery, equipment, and buildings.
- The candidate will be expected to manage the farm’s overall operation.
- The candidate will be expected to create marketing programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise staff in a variety of areas of responsibility.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- Farm operations include berries, trees, and orchard fruit.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
Experience and specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include blueberries, cherries, field berries, raspberries, and strawberries.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have previous experience with harvesters and tractors.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
13051 Blundell Road
13051 Blundell Road
V6W 1B6 Between 11:00 AM and 07:00 PM