Family service worker
Daybreak Parent Child Centre based in St. John’s, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Family service worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Flexible Hours, To be determined and Morning.
Employer Name: Daybreak Parent Child Centre
Position: Family service worker
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.48 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: St. John’s, NL
- The candidate must communicate with other social service agencies and health care providers who are involved with clients.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment includes child welfare, education or training, personal and social adjustment and health (substance abuse, gambling, behavioural disorders), and socioeconomic needs or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance).
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate will be required to work in a government department or agency.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate will be in charge of providing care to children and families.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a child welfare check.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement, as well as Mileage reimbursement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
74 The Boulevard
St. John’s, NL
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- Family Service Worker
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript
- Writing sample