UBC has announced a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of EOAS Finance Assistant. It’s vital that candidates comprehend their duties and responsibilities, and putting forth their best is important. They will process Workday Expense Report requisitions including departmental/student reimbursements, professional development reimbursements, travel expense claims, spend authorizations and clearances by preparing and keying entries into Workday. They will conduct pre-audits of expense claims and determine the appropriateness of transactions in accordance with UBC, EOAS or granting agency regulations and directives.
Employer Name: UBC
Position: EOAS Finance Assistant
Salary: $27.55 – $28.95 CAD Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: UBC Vancouver Campus
- Candidates are responsible for invoicing UBC internal and external clients, tracking and processing payments, preparing cash/cheque deposits and identifying EFT/Wire transfer payments in accordance with UBC regulations and initiating follow up action as required.
- They will set up new suppliers and update supplier information in Workday.
- Candidates must submit accounts payable supplier invoices, student clubs and student council payments, including Purchase Order and Retro-PO invoices for payment processing.
- They should create and update various account tracking logs, electronically filing/saving documents, draft budget and expenditure reports.
- Candidates must have the ability to assist the EOAS Finance Manager and Director, Operations and Resources in providing information/data for inclusion in scheduled reports to UBC administration, companies and granting agencies.
- They ought to possess the capability to assist EOAS Finance Manager and finance team during times of backlogs, in office leave coverage and perform other related duties as required.
- Candidates can have flexible working hours.
- A pleasant working environment will be in their possession.
- Health benefits will also be given to them.
How to apply
We kindly request that all candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have a genuine interest in the EOAS Finance Assistant role click on the provided link promptly to proceed with their registration, making sure to provide accurate information. The registration process has already commenced and is set to close shortly.