Early childhood educator assistant
CHOO CHOO LET’S GO CHILDCARE CENTRE based in Sooke, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator assistant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: CHOO CHOO LET’S GO CHILDCARE CENTRE
Position: Early childhood educator assistant
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.00 to $20.50 hourly for 35 hours per 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Sooke, BC
- The candidate must bathe, diaper, and feed infants and toddlers.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators in implementing programmes that promote children’s physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in maintaining records.
- The candidate will be expected to engage children in activities such as storytelling, song teaching, and craft preparation.
- The candidate must guide and assist children in developing proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining daycare equipment as well as assisting with housekeeping and cooking duties.
- The candidate must prepare snacks and set up rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods.
- The candidate will be required to submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors.
- The candidate will be expected to discuss the children’s progress and problems at staff meetings.
- The candidate will be required to attend staff meetings to discuss children’s progress and problems.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be a Child Development Assistant (ECE level 1) and be familiar with emergency child care first aid and CPR.
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate will be required to work in a child care centre.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate should have their Immunization records.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
2340 Sunriver Way
Please include the following while sending the application
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications