Dump truck driver
Planet Trucking Inc based in 12833 54 St, Edmonton, AB T5A 0C1 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dump truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Overtime and Morning.
Employer Name: Planet Trucking Inc
Position: Dump truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 hourly for 35 hours per 35 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 12833 54 St, Edmonton, AB T5A 0C1
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate must perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an air brake endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 3 or D).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The type of trucking and equipment is a dump truck.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with Citizens Band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must have prior experience with both local and short-haul travel.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check and Driving Record Check (abstract).
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone, a hard hat, and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.