sahib transportation inc based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, truck-trailer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: sahib transportation inc
Position: Driver, truck-trailer
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $23.50 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will have to pay for and receive payments for goods.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.