JGE TRANSPORT based in 14016 PINKERTON SIDE ROAD, Essex, ON N8M 2X6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, truck-trailer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: JGE TRANSPORT
Position: Driver, truck-trailer
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $24.50 hourly for 40 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 14016 PINKERTON SIDE ROAD, Essex, ON N8M 2X6
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driving record check (abstract) and drug test.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
- The candidate must have a cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
14016 PINKERTON SIDE ROAD