Anand Services Ltd based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, truck who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Driver, truck has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Anand Services Ltd
Position: Driver, truck
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $27.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Experience and specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Driver logbook and Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of trucking and equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication systems experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel internationally.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own cell phone.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter