Driver, heavy truck
Capitol Steel Corportion based in 1355 Saskatchewan Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3E 3K4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, heavy truck who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Shift, Overtime and To be determined.
Employer Name: Capitol Steel Corportion
Position: Driver, heavy truck
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $21.00 to $28.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1355 Saskatchewan Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3E 3K4
- The candidate will be expected to coach colleagues on new methods or techniques of work.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will have to pay for and receive payments for goods.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting and handling hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be well-versed in documentation such as bills of lading, driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are flatbed and tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should be familiar with the Trip Recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul and Short-haul trips.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about local, national, provincial, territorial, and regional areas.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check and Driving Record Check (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.