VandenBroek Dairy Farm based in RR# 1 Site 5 Box 30, Olds, AB T4H 1P2 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dairy herdsperson who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Dairy herdsperson has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: VandenBroek Dairy Farm
Position: Dairy herdsperson
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $19.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: RR# 1 Site 5 Box 30, Olds, AB T4H 1P2
- The candidate will be required to feed inventory.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring animal health.
- The candidate will be expected to create a feeding programme.
- The candidate will be expected to keep livestock performance records.
- The candidate must keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate must be able to recognise and treat certain livestock health issues.
- The candidate will be expected to keep work records and logs.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate will have to milk cows.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The type of farm operation is dairy farming.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a feeding and watering system as well as a milking system (automated).
Area of specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about dairy cattle.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
RR# 1 Site 5 Box 30