Tanbark Farm based in Mount Pleasant, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dairy farm labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Evening, Weekend and Early Morning.
Employer Name: Tanbark Farm
Position: Dairy farm labourer
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 35 to 55 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Mount Pleasant, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of calving.
- The candidate will be in charge of cattle exhibition.
- The candidate will be in charge of grooming farm animals.
- The candidate must feed inventory.
- The candidate will be in charge of handling animals.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring animal health.
- The candidate will be expected to feed and care for animals.
- The candidate will have to milk cows.
- The candidate must be able to recognise and treat certain livestock health issues.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate will be expected to keep work records and logs.
- The candidate will be expected to keep livestock performance records.
- The candidate must ensure that farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is livestock farming.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must work in the dairy industry.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a farm truck, a loader, a manure spreader, a tractor, and an automated manure handling or storage system.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about dairy cattle.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- JerseyCow#1
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience