JAPANESE VILLAGE TEPPAN DINING based in 8882 172 St Nw, Edmonton, AB T5T 4M2 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cook who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Weekend. The position of Cook has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: JAPANESE VILLAGE TEPPAN DINING
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 8882 172 St Nw, Edmonton, AB T5T 4M2
- The candidate must plan menus, determine food portion sizes, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- The candidate will be required to inspect kitchens and food service areas.
- The candidate will be expected to place orders for supplies and equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising kitchen staff and assistants.
- The candidate must keep inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- The candidate must clean the kitchen and work areas.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a restaurant.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
- Cooking categories include Cook (general)
Experience and specialization
- The cuisine’s specialty is Japanese cuisine.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience