The Fireplace Shop Ltd. based in 379 Eglinton Ave West, Toronto, ON M5N 1A3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction trades helper who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and (09:00 to 17:00).
Employer Name: The Fireplace Shop Ltd.
Position: Construction trades helper
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 hourly for 5 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: 379 Eglinton Ave West, Toronto, ON M5N 1A3
- The candidate will be required to load, unload, and transport construction materials.
- The candidate will be required to erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barricades.
- The candidate will be required to mix, pour, and spread materials.
- The candidate will be required to clean and stack salvaged materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be certified as a forklift operator, have a first aid certificate, a CPR certificate, and have completed a fall arrest protection training course.
- The candidate must be able to handle weights of up to 45 kg (100 lbs) and more than 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with Bobcats, Circular Saws, Mortar and Concrete Mixers, Grinding Machines, Drills, Torches, Chain Saws, and Forklifts.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.