Terry Pro Painters Ltd. based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction painter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Terry Pro Painters Ltd.
Position: Construction painter
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $23.75 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Kelowna, BC
- The candidate must prepare, clean, and sand surfaces to be painted.
- The candidate will be required to repair cracks and holes.
- The candidate will be expected to advise customers on colour schemes and wall covering options.
- The candidate will be required to erect scaffolding and swing stages as well as attach rigging.
- The candidate will be required to apply paint, wallpaper, and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
- The candidate will be required to estimate costs and materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with brush and roller painting.
Surface Preparation Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with drywall taping/patching and sandblasters.
- The ideal candidate will be skilled in sign painting, multi-color finishes, and paint spraying.
Wood Finishing Specializations
- The candidate should be skilled in staining.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have their own tools and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.