Leading Edge Earthworks based in New Wasaga Beach, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Leading Edge Earthworks
Position: Construction labourer
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 hourly for 45 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: New Wasaga Beach, ON
- The candidate must load, unload, and transport construction materials.
- The candidate must be able to mix, pour, and spread materials.
- The candidate will be expected to assist heavy equipment operators.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in pipe alignment during pipeline construction.
- The candidate must level earth to fine grade specifications.
- The candidate will be in charge of paving and raking asphalt.
- The candidate must clean and stack salvaged materials.
- The candidate must remove rubble and other debris from construction sites.
- The candidate will be responsible for directing traffic near construction sites.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have certificates in Confined Space Entry Training, Chainsaw Safety Training, Propane Safety Training, Traffic Control Person (TCP) Certification, Traffic Control Signage (TWS) Certification, Forklift Operator Certification, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, and Fall Arrest Protection Training Course.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and cold/refrigerated conditions.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with Bobcats, Circular saws, Concrete saws, Chippers, Jackhammers, Air compressors, Drills, Trampers (Jumping Jack), Torches, Small front end loaders, Chain saw, Compactor, Forklift, and Sledgehammer.
- The candidate must be skilled in the construction of driveways, industrial, commercial, and institutional buildings, residential buildings, roads and bridges, sidewalks and curbs, and water mains.
Security and safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.