Buy-Low Foods based in 530 Fifth Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 1P1 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cashier, supermarket who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Buy-Low Foods
Position: Cashier, supermarket
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.65 to $17.00 hourly for 8 to 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: 530 Fifth Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 1P1
- The candidate will be required to manage customer transactions using cash registers.
- The candidate will be required to process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments.
- The candidate will be required to scan items.
- The candidate will be in charge of accepting payment for goods or services.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers.
- The candidate will be required to wrap or place merchandise in bags.
- The candidate will be required to provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate will be required to verify the age of customers when selling lottery tickets, alcohol, or tobacco products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate will be required to work in a supermarket/grocery store.
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about electronic cash registers, Interac machines, and price scanners.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Other benefits as well as a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter