John Howard Society of Ottawa based in Ottawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Caseworker – social work who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: John Howard Society of Ottawa
Position: Caseworker – social work
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $44,068 to $50,289 annually (to be negotiated) 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Ottawa, ON
- The candidate will be required to conduct interviews with clients in order to assess their situation and determine the types of services required as well as their eligibility.
- The candidate will be required to perform administrative tasks.
- The candidate will be expected to provide counselling and therapy to clients in order to assist them in resolving social and personal issues.
- The candidate will be expected to plan client assistance programmes.
- The candidate will be required to refer clients to organisations that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, and other services.
- The candidate will be required to work as part of an interdisciplinary team with a client group.
- The candidate will be expected to act as a community advocate for client groups.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a programme lasting one to two years, or equivalent experience in social work other.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must work in a community service organisation and a residential treatment centre.
Experience and specialization
- The target audience include females and minority group.
Social work specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about community development and socioeconomic needs or conditions.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance, Pension plan, and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter