Greenbelt Family Health Team based in Nepean, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical office secretary-receptionist who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: Greenbelt Family Health Team
Position: Medical office secretary-receptionist
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 25 to 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Nepean, ON
- The candidate will be expected to greet visitors and direct them to appropriate contacts or service areas.
- The candidate must obtain and process information needed to provide services.
- The candidate must be able to operate a switchboard or phone system.
- The candidate will be expected to record and relay data.
- The candidate will be expected to make and confirm appointments.
- The candidate will be required to receive and issue payments.
- The candidate must perform clerical duties such as filing, sorting, and distributing mail.
- The candidate will be expected to answer the phone and relay calls and messages.
- The candidate must relay service to people with disabilities.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a college, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a programme lasting 3 months to less than 1 year, or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a health care institution, facility, or clinic.
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about electronic medical records and switchboard 1-25 lines.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health Care Plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.