KLS Construction Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Carpenter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: KLS Construction Ltd.
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $28.00 to $30.00 hourly (To be negotiated) / 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
- The candidate must read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches in order to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- The candidate will be required to prepare layouts in accordance with building codes, using measuring tools.
- The candidate must be able to measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials.
- The candidate will be required to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems.
- The candidate must fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings, and hardware.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Registered Apprenticeship Certificate or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 3 to 4 people.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate will be required to work in the construction industry.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.