WINNIPEG BUILDING & DECORATING LTD. based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Carpenter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Overtime and Morning.
Employer Name: WINNIPEG BUILDING & DECORATING LTD.
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 hourly for 80 to 90 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate will be required to measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials.
- The candidate will be required to fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings, and hardware.
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a college, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a programme lasting one to two years, or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 3 to 4 people.
- The candidate must have a Carpenter trade certification.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- Work settings will include construction, renovation, maintenance and repair, commercial, industrial, millwork/pre-fab shopwork, and residential.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have their own tools and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive a Bonus, Gas paid, and Mileage paid.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Other benefits.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-Term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking, employer-paid learning/training, and travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1586 Wall street