Random Services Limited based in Clarenville, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Automotive service technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Morning.
Employer Name: Random Services Limited
Position: Automotive service technician
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $27.00 hourly / 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Clarenville, NL
- The candidate will be required to adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect and test mechanical units in order to identify faults and malfunctions.
- The candidate must inspect motors in operation, road test vehicles, and test automotive systems and components.
- The candidate will be required to adjust, repair, or replace automotive system parts and components.
- The candidate must diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with the supervisor to determine whether the unit should be repaired or replaced.
- The candidate must repair or replace mechanical units or components.
- The candidate must test and adjust repaired systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- The candidate must perform scheduled maintenance service.
- The candidate must test and adjust units to specifications.
- The candidate must complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- The candidate must review work orders and discuss work with the supervisor.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, and Automotive Service Technician Red Seal Certificate.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must work in a shop.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about Engine repair, Electrical and electronic system, Diagnostics, Alignment, steering and suspension, Brake system, Hydraulic system, Fuel and emission system, Ignition and electrical system, Automatic transmission, Engine repair and overhaul, Drive train components, Welding, Imported vehicles, Front end components and Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience