Loblaw has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Assistant Buyer. They will partner with Senior Buyer to understand all financial aspects of the business including budgeting and forecasting. They will assist the Senior Buyer with completion of category and assortment planning and strategies ahead of development including financial planning, commodity work up, key volume item identification, cluster updates and marketing requirements. They will create analytical reports relating to sales, inventory and gross margin levels. They will create and maintain all weekly and seasonal sales reports that help drive assortment, SKU and receipt planning.
Employer Name: Loblaw
Position: Assistant Buyer
Salary: $71,347-$77,922 per year
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: 2 Fraser Ave, Toronto, ON
- Candidates should maximise inventory productivity and gross profit return by proposing and evaluating markdowns and promotion efficiency.
- They should analyse product and delivery performance through post mortem style reviews, summarising findings in a comprehensive recap.
- They will act as a liaison and manage all day-to-day communication with the vendor team and internal cross functional teams including design, sourcing, product development, marketing, visual merchandising, and supply chain.
- Candidates must complete a Bachelor’s degree in Retail Management or related field.
- They should have a minimum of 3 years of office experience.
- They must be skillful in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must have strong retail business acumen.
- They must have a strong passion for apparel retail.
- They must be self-motivated, have solid interpersonal and communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- Applicants with disabilities will be given the priority opportunity to work for this position.
- They will get employment equity.
- They will be entitled to work in a barrier free environment.
How to apply
Those intrigued by the Assistant Buyer position and meeting the eligibility criteria must ensure the provision of accurate information during the registration process. It is compulsory to utilise the provided application link.