Flynn Canada Ltd. based in 1390 Spruce Street, Winnipeg, MB R3E 2V7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Apprentice roofer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The position of Apprentice roofer has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Flynn Canada Ltd.
Position: Apprentice roofer
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $24.50 to $33.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1390 Spruce Street, Winnipeg, MB R3E 2V7
- The candidate must install and repair metal roofs with hand and power tools.
- The candidate will be responsible for installing, repairing, or replacing built-up roofing systems with materials such as asphalt saturated felts, hot asphalt, and gravel.
- The candidate will be required to install, repair, or replace a single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate will be expected to work in Commercial and Industrial settings.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.