Natividad King based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Worker, farm who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The candidate must work on the day shift.
Employer Name: Natividad King
Position: Worker, farm
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.75 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate must clean the crop.
- The candidate will be responsible for fruit tree training.
- The candidate will be responsible for greenhouse cleaning.
- The candidate must harvest vegetables by hand.
- The candidate must hoe crops.
- The candidate must plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for tying.
- The candidate will be responsible for weeding.
- The candidate must harvest crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is fruit and vegetable combination farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- Accommodation facilities are available to the candidate.
- The candidate must work in an urban area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a farm truck, planting equipment, tillage equipment, and a tractor.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate will receive On-site housing options.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
604-538-3018 Between 10:00 a.m. and 03:00 a.m.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Copy of latest school transcript
- Writing sample
- Proof of student enrollment