Progress Earthmoving Ltd based in Concord, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Welder who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Progress Earthmoving Ltd
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $36.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Concord, ON
- The candidate must interpret welding process specifications.
- The candidate must be able to use manual, semi-automatic, and fully automated welding equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
- The candidate must be able to operate brakes, shears, and other metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines.
- The candidate must be capable of fitting, brazing, and torch-straightening metal.
- The candidate must be able to operate previously set-up welding machines in order to fabricate or repair metal parts and products.
- The candidate must operate previously set-up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal or fill holes, indentations, and seams in metal.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain and repair welding, brazing, and soldering equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must work in commercial settings.
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- Materials include aluminum alloys, composite materials, nonmetallic materials, stainless steel and steel, iron, and heavy metals.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be skilled in the repair of machinery or equipment.
- The candidate must be willing to travel.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own tools, steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, safety harness, gloves, mask, face shield, and welding helmet.
- Health, Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Gratuities.
- In addition to the Health and Financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Employer-paid learning/training, Team building opportunities and Parking facilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter