CMT TRUCKING INC based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: CMT TRUCKING INC
Position: Truck mechanic
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $30.00 to $45.00 hourly for 35 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate will be required to adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect and test mechanical units in order to identify faults and malfunctions.
- The candidate must inspect motors in operation, drive motor vehicles, and test automotive systems and components.
- The candidate will be required to adjust, repair, or replace automotive system parts and components.
- The candidate will be expected to adjust, repair, or replace truck-trailer system parts and components.
- The candidate must repair or replace mechanical units or components.
- The candidate must estimate the costs of parts and labour.
- The candidate must perform scheduled maintenance service.
- The candidate must test and adjust units to specifications.
- The candidate will be expected to advise customers on work completed and future repair needs.
- The candidate will be responsible for coaching and instructing apprentices.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in the shop.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in Engine repair, Electrical and electronic system, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, steering and suspension, Brake system, Fuel and emission system, Ignition and electrical system, Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, Truck-trailer repair, Front end components and Inspection.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health care plan.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
204-228-0203 Between 07:00 AM and 09:00 PM