Truck driver, long haul
G.S.Import and Export Ltd based in 2217-272 Street, Aldergrove, BC V4W 2N6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Night.
Employer Name: G.S.Import and Export Ltd
Position: Truck driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $27.50 hourly for 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2217-272 Street, Aldergrove, BC V4W 2N6
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing vehicle condition and inspecting tyres, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement, an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with accident or incident reports, driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), trans-border documentation, and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are flatbed, refrigerated, and tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about national regions.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check and Driving Record Check (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.