Truck driver, long haul
Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. based in Concord, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc.
Position: Truck driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $.33 commission per mile
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Concord, ON
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an Air Brakes Endorsement, and a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook and Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The type of trucking and equipment used is dry bulk.
- The candidate must have International travel experience.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Mileage reimbursement and a Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP), Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Other benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.