ELEVEN EIGHT TRANSPORTATION LTD. based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: ELEVEN EIGHT TRANSPORTATION LTD.
Position: Truck driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $27.00 to $28.00 hourly for 50 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement or a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook and Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include Refrigerated and tractor-trailer
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
11 13886 62 AVE