Brona Transport Ltd based in Dieppe, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, flatbed who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Brona Transport Ltd
Position: Truck driver, flatbed
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $.49 commission per mile
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Dieppe, NB
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an Air Brakes Endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks), and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A)
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include flatbed, tractor-trailer, and tractor-trailer B train.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
- The candidate must be familiar with provincial or territorial, as well as regional, regions.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driver’s licence validity check and driving record check (abstract).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
506-388-1664 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM