Rafuse, Maple Leaf ,Berwick & Highland Home Hardware Rockwell Home Hadware (Kentville NS) based in 180 DYKELAND STREET, Wolfville, NS B4P 1A2 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Rafuse, Maple Leaf ,Berwick & Highland Home Hardware Rockwell Home Hadware (Kentville NS)
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.00 to $18.50 hourly for 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 180 DYKELAND STREET, Wolfville, NS B4P 1A2
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will have to pay for and receive payments for goods.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Class 5/5F/G licence (cars, small trucks, and other 2-axle vehicles), a First Aid Certificate, and Forklift Operator Certification.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook and Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include flatbed and straight trucks (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles).
- The candidate must be familiar with the local regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running short-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driver’s licence validity check and driving record check (abstract).
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.