2219019ontario inc based in Brampton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: 2219019ontario inc
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Brampton, ON
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be well-versed in International, Local, National, Provincial or Territorial, and Regional regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal background check, drug test, and medical exam.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate has access to free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.