Sriman Bhagwan Singh Ji Transport Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Sriman Bhagwan Singh Ji Transport Ltd.
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $29.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
- The candidate will be expected to plan travel, related itineraries, and make reservations.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks), and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include dump truck, flatbed, tractor-trailer, tractor-trailer A train, and tractor-trailer B train.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with Citizens Band (CB) radio and Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be well-versed in International, National, Provincial or Territorial, regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driver’s licence validity check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.