La Clé based in Collingwood, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Teacher, daycare who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: La Clé
Position: Teacher, daycare
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.48 to $21.24 hourly (to be negotiated) 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Collingwood, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- The candidate will be expected to lead activities such as telling or reading stories, teaching songs, and taking children to local attractions.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in maintaining records.
- The candidate will be expected to engage children in activities such as storytelling, song teaching, and craft preparation.
- The candidate must provide opportunities for creative expression through art, dramatic play, music, and physical activity.
- The candidate must guide and assist children in developing proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining daycare equipment as well as assisting with housekeeping and cooking duties.
- The candidate must prepare snacks and set up rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods.
- The candidate will be expected to assess children’s abilities, interests, and needs and to discuss progress and problems with parents and other staff members.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and maintain an environment that protects children’s health, safety, and well-being.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and organise activities for school-age children in child-care programmes before and after regular school hours.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skill.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must work before and after school programmes.
- The candidate must work in a day care centre or nursery school.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check as well as a vulnerable sector check.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.