Ken Johnson Trucking LTD based in 9807 196A st, Langley, BC V1M 2X5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Tank truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Ken Johnson Trucking LTD
Position: Tank truck driver
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $27.48 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 9807 196A st, Langley, BC V1M 2X5
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Liquid bulk
- The candidate will be expected to coach colleagues on new methods or techniques of work.
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate will be expected to load and unload cargo.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing vehicle condition and inspecting tyres, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate must document cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled, and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate will be required to drive tank trucks or supply trucks.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement, a Driver’s License (Class 1 or A), the FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Program, a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate, and a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be well-versed in documentation such as bills of lading, driver logbooks, and inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul and Short-haul trips.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- Health and long-term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
9807 196A st
V1M 2X5 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM