Canada Border Services Agency has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of CBSA Student Border Services Officer. They work at an international airport, CBSA international mail processing center, marine operation or telephone reporting center. As an SBSO, they also work alongside BSOs to facilitate the flow of legitimate travelers and goods, and identify those that are a potential risk to Canada. They promote compliance with Canada’s border, trade and tax laws through responsible enforcement, quality service and public education.
Employer Name: Canada Border Services Agency
Position: Student Border Services Officer
No. of vacancies: 477
Salary: $16.84 – $34.59 per hour
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary (Alberta), Canada
- They are responsible for serving and educating the public with professionalism, respect, empathy, and integrity.
- They are also responsible for interviewing travelers.
- They will verify declarations and goods.
- They will refer travelers and goods that require further examination.
- They have to identify fraudulent documents.
- Candidates must be a full-time student during the entire hiring process (Fall 2023 and Winter/Spring 2024).
- They must be returning to full-time post-secondary school in September 2024.
- They must be at least the age of majority in the province where you will be working.
- They must have the Control and Defensive Tactics (CDT) course.
- Candidates must have proof of full-time post-secondary education.
- They must wear and maintain a uniform, as per the CBSA Uniform Policy and Standard of Appearance.
- They are able to work overtime as required.
- Candidates will get a variety of flexible work arrangements to help them achieve work-life balance.
- They will get development opportunities supported by a competent management team.
- They will get an inclusive and barrier-free work environment with a diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians company serves.
- They will get a high pay scale in the workplace.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to kindly check eligibility for the post of Student Border Services Officer. They have to click the given link to complete registration. Make sure the information is correct otherwise it may be canceled. Candidates have to register themselves as soon as possible because the registration process has already started.