Amazon Web Services Canada, Inc. based in 120 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto, ON M5J 0A8 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Software architect who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and widely used cloud platform, with over 200 fully featured services available from data centres around the world. Millions of customers, including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies, use AWS to reduce costs, become more agile, and innovate more quickly. Our goal is to be the most customer-focused company on the planet. This is what brings Amazonians together across teams and geographies, as we all strive to delight our customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as leveraging our unique perspectives to scale and grow our impact. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Full time or Permanent employment.
Employer Name: Amazon Web Services Canada, Inc.
Position: Software architect
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $95,992 to $159,300 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 120 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto, ON M5J 0A8
- The candidate will be responsible for gathering and documenting user requirements as well as developing logical and physical specifications.
- The candidate will be expected to plan, design, and coordinate the development, installation, integration, and operation of computer-based systems.
- The candidate will be responsible for assessing, troubleshooting, documenting, upgrading, and developing maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments, and application software.
- The candidate will be expected to evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest possible product platform quality.
- The candidate will be required to use tools and methodologies to create representations for the desired product’s functions and user interface.
- The candidate will be expected to create high-level product specifications while keeping system integration and feasibility in mind.
- The candidate will be expected to define all aspects of development, from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise the development team’s progress in order to ensure consistency with the initial design.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure that the software meets all quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility requirements.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure software security by creating programmes that actively monitor the sharing of sensitive information.
- The candidate will be responsible for guiding and assisting the development team throughout the process.
- The candidate will be expected to provide architectural blueprints for the development team to follow.
- The candidate will be expected to test the final product to ensure that it is fully functional and meets all requirements.
- The candidate will be required to update software solutions as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to take a proactive approach to common challenges and to constantly research best coding practises.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all stages of technology development.
- The candidate will be expected to propose and implement process improvement solutions.
- The candidate will be expected to help customers define and implement technical and business strategies that will allow them to reduce costs while raising the bar for citizen services.
- The candidate will be expected to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the global solution community, customers, and partners.
- The candidate will be expected to make presentations to customers, partners, internal stakeholders, and the general public.
- The candidate must comprehend and apply internal business support systems.
- The candidate will be expected to develop and implement a sales strategy in collaboration with the sales team in order to exceed revenue targets through the use of AWS.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct one-on-one and one-on-many training sessions in order to transfer knowledge to customers who are considering or are already using AWS.
- The candidate will be expected to educate customers on AWS’s value proposition and participate in in-depth architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful cloud deployment.
- The candidate will be expected to collect and disseminate best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community.
- The candidate will be expected to cultivate close relationships with senior technical personnel within customers in order to position them as cloud advocates.
- The candidate must act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
- The candidate will be expected to act as a key member of the business development and sales team, ensuring success in building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have strong presentation skills.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must have strong analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be well-versed in a wide range of programming tools and development platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about current issues affecting the industry and its technologies.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of database architecture, performance tuning, big data processing and mobile app development.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge in Object-Oriented programming languages, Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby and Hadoop
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should be well-versed in Database software, Networking software, Programming software, Programming languages, Software development, Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI), Desktop applications and Cloud
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Reference number- 1713183