Great Island Ventures Ltd. based in Mobile, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Ship’s captain who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Part time job.
Employer Name: Great Island Ventures Ltd.
Position: Ship’s captain
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $1,200 weekly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Part time
Location: Mobile, NL
- The candidate will be expected to maintain the vessel’s navigational instruments and equipment.
- The candidate will be required to command and operate ships or vessels that transport passengers and cargo.
- The candidate will be required to determine geographical position using navigational instruments, maps, and charts.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a Transport Canada Certificate of Competency and be trained in the Marine Emergency Duty (MED) Program.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate must be capable of supervising 11 to 15 people.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- The candidate will be required to work in/on water.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Proof of the requested certifications