The Maxx Corporation based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Security guard who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or full time job. The selected candidate will be required to work during the night shift.
Employer Name: The Maxx Corporation
Position: Security guard
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Type of Experience: Security systems/alarms consulting (residential), Corporate building security
- The candidate will be responsible for patrolling and monitoring activities on the company’s premises regularly to discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure.
- The candidate will be required to enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities
- The candidate must ensure the operation of security control room equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- The candidate will be responsible for removing trespassers or unwanted individuals from the property.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful activities
- The candidate will be required to write reports.
- The candidate must appear in court as a witness.
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have Security Guard basic (pre-assignment ) training program certificate, First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate, Security Guard License, Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles).
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have good hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be a critical thinker and have strong problem-solving skills
- The candidate should have outstanding surveillance and observation skills
- The candidate have good knowledge in security operations and safety practices
- The candidate must be able to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should remain alert and focused on their surroundings at all times.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary.
- The candidate must be honest and trustworthy.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations.
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- Candidates will be required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- Public transportation is not available for the candidate to use.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.