Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing
Petit de Grat Packers Ltd. based in 24 Alderney Point Road, Petit-de-Grat, NS B0E 2L0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning, 07:30 to 17:00.
Employer Name: Petit de Grat Packers Ltd.
Position: Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing
No. of vacancies: 54
Salary: $14.00 hourly for 40 to 57 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 24 Alderney Point Road, Petit-de-Grat, NS B0E 2L0
- The candidate will be required to cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- The candidate will be required to record production information.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in hot, cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
Field work location experience
- The candidate must have previous field work experience in Nova Scotia.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a shellfish processing machine.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options
449 Veterans Memorial Drive P.O.Box 39
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples