Bev’s Fish & Seafood Ltd. based in Prince Albert, SK is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Bev’s Fish & Seafood Ltd.
Position: Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.65 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Prince Albert, SK
- The candidate must cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- The candidate must scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets, and remove scrap parts with a knife.
- The candidate must inspect the fish fillets to determine the ideal quantity and size of fillet sections, cut the sections in accordance with the guidelines, and then put the sections in a container to be weighed.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate must set up and operate machines to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate must condition fish fillets for wrapping or freezing.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated conditions.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options