Victoria Co-operative Fisheries Ltd. based in 426 New Haven Road, Neils Harbour, NS B0C 1N0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Victoria Co-operative Fisheries Ltd.
Position: Seafood preparer – fish and seafood processing
No. of vacancies: 24
Salary: $17.00 hourly for 30 to 48 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 426 New Haven Road, Neils Harbour, NS B0C 1N0
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans prior to canning or further processing.
- The candidate will be required to record production information.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated conditions.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a shellfish processing machine.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate will receive employer-paid education and training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options