Travelodge by Wyndham Nanaimo based in Nanaimo, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Room attendant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Room attendant has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Travelodge by Wyndham Nanaimo
Position: Room attendant
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $17.60 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Nanaimo, BC
- The candidate will be expected to sweep, mop, wash, and polish floors.
- The candidate must dust furniture.
- The candidate will be expected to vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture.
- The candidate will be expected to make beds and change sheets.
- The candidate must distribute clean towels and toiletries.
- The candidate must stock the linen closet.
- The candidate must disinfect operating rooms and other areas.
- The candidate must respond to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items.
- The candidate will be responsible for picking up debris and emptying trash cans.
- The candidate must perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate must work in a hotel, motel, or resort.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.