Public relations agent
Consulate-General of Japan in Calgary based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Public relations agent who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Overtime.
Employer Name: Consulate-General of Japan in Calgary
Position: Public relations agent
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $4,000 monthly for 40 hours per 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
- The candidate must respond to written and oral questions.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the creation of brochures, reports, newsletters, and other materials.
- The candidate must coordinate special publicity events and promotions.
- The candidate must conduct public opinion and attitude surveys.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and organise workshops, meetings, ceremonies, and other public relations, fundraising, and informational events.
- The candidate will be expected to create, implement, and assess communication strategies and programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to gather, research, and prepare communications materials.
- The candidate must initiate and maintain contact with the media.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare and/or deliver educational, publicity, and information programmes, materials, and sessions.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare or supervise the preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, website content, and press releases.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 1 to 2 people.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
- The candidate will be expected to work in a cultural organisation as well as a government department or agency.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be willing to travel.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Maternity and parental benefits.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed