Northern Breeze Painting Ltd. based in 215 James St., Bracebridge, ON P1L 2B8 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Painter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Northern Breeze Painting was founded by two recent university graduates, Corey Bristoll and Jake McIntyre. Jake and Corey had the opportunity to run student painting franchises with College Pro Painters for five years during their postsecondary education.
They quickly recognised a need in the Muskoka area for a customer-oriented cottage, house, interior, and exterior painter. After a few hours of brainstorming, they came up with Northern Breeze Painting Ltd, Muskoka’s newest painting company, in the fall of 2019. As cottage, house, and commercial painters, our goal is to provide you with the best value in the Muskoka residential and commercial painting industry, which is a quality job at a reasonable price. We don’t cut corners, and we only use the best materials available, not the cheapest. We strive to provide clear, detailed estimates so you know exactly what you’re getting for your money when you hire us.
This estimate includes enough time for our painters to complete a high-quality, efficient job with top-of-the-line paint and supplies. Our goal is to give you the best value in the residential painting industry, which means a quality job at a reasonable price. To paint your home, cottage, or business, we only use trained professional painters and the best materials available. We strive to provide clear, detailed estimates so you know exactly what service and value Northern Breeze will provide. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timing includes Day, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours and Morning (08:00 to 17:00). The position of Painter has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Northern Breeze Painting Ltd.
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 to 45 hours per week Gratuities
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 215 James St., Bracebridge, ON P1L 2B8
- The candidate will be expected to fill cracks and holes using fillers such as putty and plaster.
- The candidate must prepare, clean, and sand surfaces to be painted.
- The candidate will be required to apply paint, wallpaper, and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
- The candidate will be expected to advise customers on colour schemes and wall covering options.
- The candidate must measure, cut, and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls.
- The candidate will be responsible for choosing the appropriate tools and paints for projects.
- The candidate will be expected to mix and apply paints, varnishes, and sealants to ensure a long-lasting finish.
- The candidate will be required to cover exposed objects and surfaces.
- The candidate would be in charge of purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies.
- The candidate would be in charge of adhering to workplace safety regulations.
- The candidate would be in charge of cleaning the workspace and tools.
- The candidate would be in charge of moving furniture and equipment as needed to reach the entire project’s surface.
- The candidate would be in charge of calculating the amount of materials and time needed for the project.
- The candidate will be in charge of quoting and negotiating job prices.
- When the project is finished, the candidate will be responsible for cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures.
- The candidate would be in charge of communicating with clients to ensure they get the desired look.
- The candidate would be responsible for protecting all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping
- The candidate would be responsible for practising self-supervision on small jobs and ensuring that each project is completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- The candidate will be required to meet with property managers to discuss color and finish options as well as other design details for leasing spaces
- The candidate will be in charge of blending paints and other materials to achieve the desired colour or texture, as well as painting surfaces with various tools and following instructions.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining painting equipment to ensure proper performance, as well as collaborating with other units to ensure the use of quality products and on-time delivery.
- The candidate will be responsible for adhering to high-quality standards in order to reduce defects and exceed company standards while maintaining an acceptable material cost.
- The candidate will be in charge of carrying out pre-painting activities such as cleaning, scraping, sanding, patching, caulking, and masking of adjacent surfaces prior to painting, papering, texturing, and so on.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the storage of leftover paint in the proper locations.
- The candidate will be expected to paint surfaces with brushes, spray guns, or paint rollers, as well as apply paint with a cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- To perform tasks above ground level, the candidate will be required to erect scaffolding or set up a ladder.
- By following established inspection procedures, the candidate will be required to detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- The candidate must receive and complete work orders while keeping accurate records on material and labour used.
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be optimistic.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in planning and time management.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be familiar with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- The candidate must be able to complete projects on time and within budget.
- The candidate should have relevant experience in residential or commercial painting, as well as knowledge of remodelling.
- The candidate should be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with Thermal spray equipment, Roller painting, Patterned rollers, Electrostatic applications equipment, Conventional spray painting, Brush painting, Airless spray equipment, and Multi-ratio pump spraying.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with staining, marbleizing, graining, and glazing.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- The candidate should be prepared to work under dangerous work conditions
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidates will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate will be required to work in areas with a high odour density.
- The employer will provide vehicle to the selected candidates.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
- The employer would cover the candidate’s travel expenses
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have ability to distinguish between colours.
Work Location Information
- Accommodation facilities are available to the selected candidates.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- Health and other long-term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan and Disability benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get many other benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
8 Peace Court