Ian E Kalas based in Beamsville, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Organic farm worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Ian E Kalas
Position: Organic farm worker
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.75 to $16.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Beamsville, ON
Type of Farm Operations: Organic farming
Type of Crops: Cabbage, Cucumbers, Bell peppers, Garlic, Onions, Cauliflowers, Sweet corn, Tomatoes, Zucchinis, Artisanal crops, Carrots
- The candidate will be required to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting of crops.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect products for quality and prepare them for market.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for culling vegetables.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours, including tolerance for pests and thorns.
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, dusty or hot conditions.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in walking, bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Rural area.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
905-228-7807 Between 07:00 AM and 09:30 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed