Geronne Farms Limited based in Chatham, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Manager, farm who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and On Call.
Employer Name: Geronne Farms Limited
Position: Manager, farm
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $65,000 to $70,000 annually for 45 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Chatham, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of collecting boar semen.
- The candidate will be in charge of clipping.
- The candidate will be in charge of handling animals.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring animal health.
- The candidate will be in charge of processing pig litters.
- The candidate will be in charge of weaning.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and coordinate planting, cultivating, and crop harvesting activities, as well as raise and breed livestock and poultry.
- The candidate must purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed, and other supplies.
- The candidate will be expected to keep financial and production records.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 5 to 10 people.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is hog and pig farming.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a feeding and watering system.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.