The City of Edmonton is looking for ideal candidates for the position of LRT Track Maintainer. Applicants who really want to join the City of Edmonton and want to apply for this position and be a part of this company, make sure before applying for this position candidates are requested to read all the details about the company and also about the job role. At this place their success will be measured by their ability to proactively perform maintenance work ensuring minimal breakdown and emergency repair, translating into cost savings for the organisation.
Employer Name: City of Edmonton
Position: LRT Track Maintainer
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $34.181 per hour
Employment Type: Temporary, full time
Location: MacDonald ROW Building, 13304 – 50A Street Edmonton T5A 4P6
- All candidates will maintain rail track, replace and repair of rail defects, rail anchor replacement, tie replacement, track lining and lifting, tamping, rail grinding, ballasting, turnout maintenance, grade crossing maintenance, tunnel washing, station track area cleaning.
- They will also switch and rail lubrication, cleaning of switch points, grade crossing cleaning, right-of-way and station cleaning, weed control and grass cutting.
- They have to check turnouts, rails, rail fastening assemblies, guardrails, grade crossing, train stops, derails, wayside equipment, and drainage.
- Candidates have to identify and report deficiencies in track infrastructure including tie condition, track gauge, cross elevation, rail wear and grade.
- They are also responsible for loading, unloading, transport, and material inventory.
- They have to obtain measurements pertaining to track and complete document works.
- All candidates must have completed Grade 10, Grade 12.
- They are also requested to have experience in rail maintenance/rail construction.
- They also must have knowledge of standard methods, materials, tools.
- Candidates have to maintain Class A Rule Book qualification on the Light Rail Transit Rules and Regulations.
- They will be responsible for safety precautions and hazards involved with the work assigned.
- They must hold a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence with Air Brakes Endorsement.
- Applicants also are required to take a pre-employment Functional Abilities Assessment Evaluation that is satisfactory to the City of Edmonton.
- All candidates must have physical ability and manual dexterity to perform heavy manual labour for extended periods of time under various weather conditions
- They have to sign up on various work schedules, sign up based on seniority, including night shifts and being On-call.
- Compliance with the City of Edmonton’s safety standards for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is also required for candidates.
- They must have the ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style.
- All candidates will get a respectful and equitable workplace.
- Company will remove all barriers for the employees.
How to apply
All eligible candidates who are interested in the LRT Track Maintainer position and who fit in the eligibility criteria. They are also required to provide their accurate details during the registration process. The use of the given application link is compulsive to click. We are ensuring the accuracy of the details is important, make sure candidates will submit their updates to you may in this process.