Big Jam Holding Inc based in 228 Cornerstone Manor NE, Calgary, AB T3N 1H4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Big Jam Holding Inc
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $28.00 hourly for 60 to 84 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 228 Cornerstone Manor NE, Calgary, AB T3N 1H4
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an air brake endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be provided with room and board.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Driver logbook.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
- The candidate will receive free parking and team building opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.