Alpha Trans Ltd. based in Brampton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Alpha Trans Ltd.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $26.50 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Brampton, ON
- The candidate will be expected to plan travel, related itineraries, and make reservations.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be required to obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will have to pay for and receive payments for goods.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.